Business Restructuring and Reorganizations
Companies might need to undergo certain restructuring and reorganization to maintain their operations, grow, or respond to their strategies. The types of restructuring and reorganization vary depending on the intended business outcome and might be of a larger or smaller scale, involving multinational companies or more local-based companies, with domestic or cross-border reach. In all cases, our team can advise you on the pros and cons of restructuring, suggesting the optimal means of doing so, while coordinating all actions of the affected parties and undertaking all relevant measures to implement and effectuate the restructuring and reorganization, including carrying out the court proceedings.
In assessing the appropriateness of restructuring and considering the optimal restructuring and reorganization method, our team analyses potential legal risks, the tax impact and the potential for tax benefits, the legal effect of restructuring to third parties (such as employees, bank (lenders), contractual partners), the legal limitations and restrictions in place, the cost of legal proceedings involved, while keeping in mind when necessary the potential cross-border and multi-jurisdictional component.
The main services in the area consist of the following:
- Advice on whether and how to restructure or reorganize a company (with domestic or cross-border reach)
- Assessment on benefits, tax impact, legal risks, and implications of a potential restructuring
- Tax consultation and planning
- Leading negotiations with affected parties
- Compliance with regulatory frameworks affecting or restricting restructuring
- Plan solutions and prepare documentation to enable the implementation of restructuring
- Undertake all administrative and court proceedings to implement restructuring