The capital markets operate within the confines of complex and highly technical regulatory frameworks, with increasing demands for compliance. Our team helps companies successfully enter and navigate the capital markets. We advise on financial services, investment, securities, and capital markets laws, for domestic businesses, implicating in most cases the supervisory authority of the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC), as well as EU and international businesses.
We advise and carry out all relevant legal work for services on investment, market abuse and conduct, securities, market transparency, and prospectus laws and regulations, disclosure requirements for all types of financial instruments. We offer specialized services in respect of all aspects of securitization, securities, and derivatives and we secure licenses and authorizations and advise investment services companies, multi-trading facilities, investment firms, alternative investment funds and fund managers, UCITS, fund management companies, public companies, foreign exchange companies, and brokers. We serve public companies in their Initial Public Offerings and in becoming listed to the markets of the Cyprus Stock Exchange (CSE), including compliance with Prospectus Obligations, and we particularly support small and emerging companies with the Emerging Companies Market of the CSE.
We offer the following indicative services:
- Obtain license and authorization for EU and non-EU regulated entities (brokerage, funds, fund managers, authorized service providers, branches), oversight of application process
- Consultation on jurisdiction choice
- General legal advice to regulated entities
- Draft regulatory policies, procedures, and manuals for regulated entities
- Compliance, reporting, and disclosure obligations (MiFID II, MIFIR, EMIR, MAR, FATCA, CRS, PSD II, AMLD, etc.)
- Coordination with and representation before the competent authority
- Preparation of Prospectus and assistance with stock-exchange listing and security offerings