Internet and Social Media
The widespread use of the internet and social media affords unprecedented freedom, creative space, seamless communication, and data exchange among businesses and users. At the same time, such use gives rise to issues and concerns requiring legal support.
Our team helps our clients navigate the web and use their social media with safety and confidence. In this context, we assist with social media/online defamation and harassment, confidentiality, privacy, and data protection.
Offending, defamatory, and damaging content shared online and posted on social media, personal data, and information leaked or published online without consent, seriously and extensively harm people and businesses, not least due to the ease and speed of online content circulation. Our team is expert in dealing with social media/online defamation (libel), harassment, and cyber-bullying, with privacy infringement and invasion, misuse, leaking, unauthorized publication of personal and confidential information, breach of copyright and other intellectual property rights found online, online hacking and creation of fake accounts, unlawful use of personal data.
Our team responds to these highly damaging online actions drawing on our expert legal knowledge and employing a fast and pragmatic approach. Our extensive network of technology experts grants our team immediate access to practical and technical solutions for our clients. We take all necessary legal actions to immediately remove the offending content, obtain injunctive relief, and apologetic response/correction while seeking compensation/damages.
Our services in the area are comprehensive:
- Advice on online harassment
- Removal of offending, illegal, unlawful, and defamatory content against the offender (cease and desist)
- Removal or blocking of the offending content, comment, post by communicating and requiring so from the site/blog host, platform, or operator
- Undertake all actions and communications to immediately stop unlawful conduct, without or before resorting to court
- Action to obtain interim or final injunction to prevent unauthorized, unlawful, defamatory, conduct or actions
- Action to obtain information that helps identify the offender and all involved parties
- Defamation, harassment, breach of data protection, misuse of private or confidential information, infringement of copyright or intellectual property claims
- Help reporting or disclosing to competent authorities in case of criminal offenses
- Hate speech legal advice